Friday, November 25, 2005

Awww, thanksgiving!

I trust everyone in America is recovering from their turkey/tofurky comas, I'm doing the best I can. We had a fun filled, food and wine filled, evening of general excess, with a pumpkin pie that was baked in huge casserole dish, if that gives any idea to the size of the evening. It was good fun, and, being the only American there makes it kinda feel like it's my party. They almost made me sing 'The Star Spangled Banner', though, so it has a flip side, too. The day started off not-so-awesomely when I found out that the people I was going to move in with in January have decided they don't want me now. So, it's back to the househunting again. UGH!
I had a good night out on Wednesday, too, it was a friend's birthday so we went to see a band from Dublin called the Chalets, and they were good fun, nice girl-tinged pop with some rough guitar, in the vein of Veruca Salt. The openers called The Young Knives were great, too. There was a DJ set after the gig, and so dancing and drinks specials were had until the wee hours. There was a bit of a dancefloor disaster, when a friend was trying to drag me back into the fray, he managed to knock my massive huge plastic bracelet into an improperly-healed old war wound (broken bone in my hand), and now my left hand is kinda lumpy and bruised, and memories of my old hot pink plaster cast have been haunting me. Not great for knitting. I think maybe I should change the topic of this blog... I seem to be much more proficient at injuring myself than at knitting...

Oh My God!!! IT's SNOWING! SNOWING!!!!
[R.I.P. Georgie Best]

9 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

I just tried to leave a comment but it didn't post! Rats!
Well the gist was.... Beautiful Fo's, Too cute Selina and had fun getting to know your blog. Happy Thanksgiving a few days late.

27/11/05 18:38  
Blogger Luca Brazi said...

A pumpkin pie casserole sounds awesome, chuck norris awesome if you know what I mean. And I think you should be a cast made of pig iron this time.

27/11/05 22:52  
Blogger Luca Brazi said...

The last part of that post made no sense.

29/11/05 15:22  
Blogger La Donna said...

what last part?

29/11/05 20:02  
Blogger Luca Brazi said...

My comment, not your post. When I said "I think you should be a cast made of pig iron this time." That is something a crazy person would say.

29/11/05 20:08  
Blogger La Donna said...

I thought it made sense... I thought you meant it didn't make sense that it was snowing and now George Best is dead.

29/11/05 21:39  
Blogger Luca Brazi said...

No no, those are expected.

29/11/05 22:02  
Blogger Timmy said...

FYI: it's snowing in Tejas.

8/12/05 21:06  
Blogger Luca Brazi said...

I am starving for some knitting related news, also I need a Texas care package inventory list.

12/12/05 21:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home