Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lift up the sofa cushions, again...

There another knitters' relief thang going on for the India/Pakistan earthquake here, so get thee to a charity website and give them your money. Once again, you can win exciting prizes of knitterly things (and maybe some brownies..) if the warm glow of selflessness doesn't do it for you.
Sock knitting has been resumed. I started drooling over the newish Opal Rainforest sock yarn, and since I don't wear socks (er, I blame this on growing up in Texas, but socks freak me out), and I don't really have any lady friends to knit socks for (I blame this on being very hard to get along with), I decided if I want to do some sock-knitting I should finish up the ones I started ages ago. How's that for being sensible? I think it has something to do with the maybe GREY hair I just found on my head yesterday whilst preparing to, ahem, enhance my natural blonde state... I'm not sure if it was actually grey or just a hair that grew slower than the rest and was therefore still very light blonde when everything else had grown to be, ahem, slightly less blonde.. or maybe it was just a particularly shiny, reflective hair, it's very hard to determine when you can only see about half and inch of it... but I can't seem to find it today, post-colouring... I don't really mind actually, since I've always thought grey hair was cool... and that if my hair was entirely grey I could put down the peroxide for good. Or maybe it's that wisdom tooth that's coming in... That's a weird predicament to be in, maybe having a grey hair while a cutting a tooth. It's like worrying about acne and wrinkles. And by that I mean that it sucks.
Something that doesn't suck, however, is that I have finally found a place to live!!! Hooray! I won't be moving in until January, but at least I don't have to wander around the city going to strangers' houses anymore.

2 Comments:

Anonymous jessica~ said...

Thank you sooo much for posting a link to the earthquake blog!

Good luck with that one gray hair... I'm 30 and I have a ton of gray hair [thank god for hair dye!]

10/11/05 15:19  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Thank you so much for leaving a shout-out on my Flickr map! I'm so glad to have found your blog!

13/11/05 19:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home